When living at home independently presents its challenges, North Haven care and support will help you to stay in control and make your own choices through our flexible and responsive home care options.
Your Independence Matters
The advantages of being a local company are significant:
- The care and quality in all our services is always ensured.
- We know every user of our services and their families, having an open-door policy.
- You can always put a face to a name.
- We operate a 24 hour on-call policy.
- We are not and do not intend to become a large corporate organisation, we endeavour to always give the personal touch.
- We pride our company on value for money services.
North Haven Care and Support aims to:
- Provide a high quality professional, personal and practical care service tailored to suit the needs of each individual service user living in their own home.
- To enhance the quality of life for service users who need care, by offering a personal care service through the provision of trained Carers.
The principles of North Haven Care and Support are:
- To provide reliable professional care to the highest standards always.
- To tailor the service user’s support packages (including a person-centred plan) to the needs of the individual.
- To acknowledge the service user’s privacy, dignity and independence always.
- To promote the service user’s self-esteem and help the service user maximise their independence and physical well-being.
- To actively involve the service user and their families and carers in the decision-making processes, in order to meet their individual needs.
- Place the people we support at the centre of care planning.
- To ensure the peoples personal safety and the safety and security of their property.
- Where necessary, assist in the co-ordination of other care providers to achieve the above aims
Care and support assistants will preserve and maintain the dignity, individuality and privacy of all people we support and will be sensitive to individuals ever changing needs and requirements. The people we support are encouraged and enabled to participate in the development of their individualised person-centred plans in which the involvement of family and friends will be welcomed and valued. All Care Staff will be appropriately qualified to deliver the highest standards of care. A continuous staff-training programme is implemented to ensure that these high standards are maintained in line with the latest developments in Care Practices.
Our Home Care Services
Although you may not be ready for care, could you use a little extra assistance in daily tasks around the house? North Haven care and Support will help with domestic duties from: laundry, shopping, cleaning, changing the bed and even walking the dog. This is a great way to get to know our team should you feel you might need more support in the future.
At North Haven Care and Support, we believe your independence matters. North Haven staff will be there when you need them most whilst still giving you your independence. Our trained staff team will support you with dignity and respect for needs such as: personal care, meal preparation, medication, supported outings and companionship.
If being alone during the night becomes difficult, staff can be there to care and support. Our team can help you getting ready for bed, with support during the night and getting ready for the day ahead. There is the choice of both a sleep in and waking night option depending what suits you best. Please select the Night Care link for more information.
North Haven can provide tailor made, one-to-one support in the comfort of your own home. We aim to maximise your independence, allowing you to maintain your lifestyle with the support of a Live-In carer. Your team will work individually to your care and support requirements. Live In Care is an affordable alternative to a registered care or nursing home.
Why Choose North Haven Home Care & Support?
Your independence matters – we will help you stay in control. Our services are tailor made to suit you and our staff are chosen because they really do care and love what they do.
We can inform, support and talk through your options in relation to your personal budget and direct payments and we will ensure that you will feel supported, informed and most of all as independent as possible in your own home.
Areas We Cover
We cover Sunderland, South Tyneside and most other areas within the Northeast of England.
North Hylton, Castletown, Hylton Castle Estate, Townend Farm, Downhill, Hylton Red House, Witherwack, Carley Hill, Marley Pots, High Southwick, Fulwell, Roker, Seaburn, Pennywell, Hylton Lane Estate, Ford Estate, Pallion, Deptford, Sunderland Centre, East End, Hendon, Silksworth, Ashbrooke, Tunstall, Humbledon Hill, Plains Farm, Springwell, Grindon, Thorney Close, Leechmere, Ryhope Colliery, Ryhope, Grangetown, Hill View, Gilley Law, Doxford Park, Hall Farm, Moorside, East Herrington, Middle Herrington, Moorside
South Shields, Westoe, Horsley Hill, Marsden, West Harton, Simonside, Monkton, Primrose, Hedworth, Hebburn, Jarrow, Fellgate, Boldon Colliery, West Boldon, East Boldon, Cleadon, Whitburn